Saturday, August 20, 2011

What You Probably Don't Know About Me, and How I Broke My Femur


Alright so I know people know that I am fragile and that I break a lot of bones. But I don't think they know the full scope. I started breaking bones when I was 12 years old, and since then I've broken 9. Its been as easy for me as tripping walking up the stairs that made me break my right humerus (right upper arm bone) completely through. Most little trips, little stumbles, and little bumps into walls that people do all-day-every-day but don't notice, can cost me everything. It can wind me up lying flat on my back in the hospital under an x-ray machine, and then 45 min later hearing from the ER doctor that the bone they just examined is completely broken; Meaning another tiring surgery and 3 to 6 months either lying flat on my back, or 2 or 3 months in a sling. I've had metal plates put in my leg and taken out. I have a metal rod in my femur now. I've been in traction for my femur for a month. I've been in two partial body casts for about 5 months at a time with full bed rest (meaning bed pans and no leaving the bed or hospital). Not to mention it takes twice as long for my bones to heal so all this agony is doubled. Either way, whatever plans I had for myself in life at that time, are destroyed.


13 days ago I was in Disneyland with my Husband. We were celebrating our 3rd Anniversary. My leg was killing me. But I have chronic migraines so I took the vicodin that I had prescribed for my migraines, for the pain for my leg; it helped enough for me to bear through it, I mean, we were in Disneyland! when we got home I thought if I rested my leg it would get better, maybe I just over used it, after all, I had broken that femur 3 times before. It got worse. That next Friday I went to the ER. I broke it, Again? only this time no trip had occurred, no bump, no fall, nothing. I was only walking. A few days later we saw my actual Osteopetrosis bone Dr in Stanford. He said that because my bones are so fragile I don't even need an excuse to break something. walking could do it; Stress fractures from walking.

I am scheduling surgery up in Stanford which will be within the next month. Mean while, I sit here with a broken left femur which is only hanging together by the metal rod that is in my leg.

Prayers would be appreciated cause this does not get easier. It's really hard actually, I'm not gonna lie. It REALLY SUCKS. But it is what it is. and I can't do anything about it. And I truly believe everything happens for a reason, only God knows why and who am I to question it? My God is a big God and He has NEVER failed to watch over me. So I am just going to rest in Him and SMILE!! because no matter what I go through the Lord never fails to replenish me with over flowing joy!! God is oh so great!! nothing can get me down!! NOTHINGG!!!! =)

8 comments:

  1. You are precious and such an inspiration. I do pray for a complete healing, however. I know you don't like being the poster child for a willing servant in spite of trials SO "Jesus please heal little Lynsie and make her whole. Make that osteosogrossis go away and never come back. In Your healing and magnificent name, AMEN" love annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha O Annie how I love you! Oste-oh-so-gross-sis! haha! and thank you so much =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Why are you downcast, Oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. For my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus; so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this! The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit... What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?! Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful! In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name."

    Psalm 43:5, Philippians 4:19, 1st Corinthians 2:5, Psalm 37:4-5, Psalm 9:9, Psalm 34:18, Romans 8:31, Hebrews 10:23, Psalm 33:21

    I love you so much, dearest kindred spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mayra!! *HUG*

    Jess: haha Im NOT downcast. NOTHING can get me down!! the Lord is SO good. He's blessed me with the greatest husband who is so positive who lifts me up! and the Lord keep replenishing my Joy!! Thank you for the verses though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean, dont get me wrong I was in the beginning, but The Lord is so GREAT! He ALWAYS comes through for me in my hard times!! I love Him so much!! My Joy is restored and it is overflowing! Praise the Lord! Afterall, His Strength is made perfect in My weakness. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an inspiration to whining,complaining, weaklings like myself! God is using you in ways that you and I don't understand.

    You go girl...Everyone loves you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynsie....you are such an inspiration. Have you had surgery yet for the femur? I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Turning Negative into Good

Often, out of our greatest rejection comes our greatest direction. Genesis 50:20 before I say what I want to say let me just get one th...