Sunday, June 12, 2011

We've Barely Just Begun, But To Me The Worst is Over




Well hello dear readers! It's been a while, like all my posts. I have some good and exciting news. My surgery is official, and it is this Friday at 5:30am at Stanford Hospital. I can't believe it's only five days away. this is wonderful since my sinus headaches/migraines have intensified and increased to basically everyday. Throwing up has become normal again, and so has been taking vicodin. All of this made it a very tough semester. Actually "tough" doesn't even begin to describe it. I studied harder and longer than any of my other peers and I still failed. This was probably the most emotional trying semester of my life. Trying so hard at classes that I was doomed to fail because of my disease. I had a meeting with my teacher to explain everything to him. He really encouraged me by saying that he could see I was a very hard worker and told me that I was a great student. Which is great to hear when your studying every day, morning til night, but you fail the tests and miss classes because of intense migraines and nausea that force you into tears. Two things that got me through were God and my husband. I don't even know how to begin to describe the amount of patience, understanding, and encouragement my Husband bestows upon me. I must leave it at that because when it comes to my husband, he leaves me utterly speechless.

Thursday is the Pre-opt where we discuss what the surgery will entail, and since we must be 2 hours early to my surgery we really have to go back to the hospital at 3:30am the next morning. So we could stay at a hotel OR we might just go see the midnight showing of the Green Lantern at the IMAX so that by the time it ends it should be time to go to the hospital. Hopefully I'll be able to resist the smell of popcorn, and overpriced junk food, while on my stricked diet of nothing-before-surgery. I am so excited for my surgery in fact that I have made a list of happy movies and Tv shows that I can watch during recovery (since I most likely wont be able to think at all what with being doped up and in pain). The Dr compared the pain that I will experience to be similar to that of a broken arm. This is perfect seeing how Ive had two of those already, but never in my face. ha. ha.

But now its summer vacation and I choose to only think about things that seem to erapture my thoughts in a positive way. Strangely and randomly enough I find myself, lately, falling in love with colors I thought I never would--for a side note-- like vintage pink, teal, sage green (with of course lavender). I keep googling pictures of retro and vintage/shabby chic color schemes, and things like cotton candy, pink christmas trees with teal bulbs. and retro yellow espresso makers. I have big plans to redecorate our bedroom and our house with small vintage touches, like painted and distressed funrniture, which is perfect because Ricky just came home with a beautiful china hutch that we got for free, which he gave me full reign over to paint. Yea-ya. I'm not sure whats up with my fascination of pink lately, or how I went off on a whole tantrum about it in the middle of informing you about my surgery, but I don't seem to want to question it. Another side note: I once heard that pink is such an emotionally soothing color that a mentally unstable man was once placed in a padded pink room to calm him down. And it probably worked.

Getting back on track, I ask that you would not only keep me in your prayers but please pray for my husband most of all. He is the kind of man who is a big toughy on the outside but is a soft teddy bear of a man on the inside, and will need tremendous comfort while in the waiting room. I have no doubt it will all go smoothly, and even though I have yet to have the surgery, to me the worst is already over. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turning Negative into Good

Often, out of our greatest rejection comes our greatest direction. Genesis 50:20 before I say what I want to say let me just get one th...