Friday, June 25, 2010

Dairy is evil

June 25, 2010



I hate dairy, its in everything, and everything it is in is usually delicious. But every time I eat it I get a bad headache (because of my sinuses), and I know this, so I've tried to eliminated it from my diet completely, and it's easy...Until my husband comes home with a cheese cake and he asks you to cut him a slice. Then you get some on your finger...what else are you going to do but lick your finger? Pretty soon you've had about 5 bites, you're thinking to yourself, "Oh my gosh what am I doing?" Yes I did that last night and even after 5 tiny bites I have a throbbing migraine today. To me, dairy is pure evilness, dressed as a lushes sweet temptress topped in strawberry glaze, and as soon as I partake of it, it reaches into my brain and kills everything good inside. Dairy, I'll miss you, but I guess, I won't miss you.

8 comments:

  1. You poor thing. Without spicy foods or dairy, what on earth are you supposed to eat? I'm sure I'd be attacking that cake as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I am asking myself the very same question! Its a good thing I love my veggies and I have a tolerance for soy cheese, It just takes a while to grow accustomed to the "after taste", I dont even notice it anymore lol. I've even figured out a way to eat pizza! I order a cheese-less pizza from papa murphys, bring it home and pour shredded mozzarella flavored soy cheese on top of it, bake it, and voila!

    I havnt found a substitute for spice tho =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. By spice, do you mean just things that are hot? Coz I had a flatmate once who couldn't even tolerate the burn of pepper. I would cook with white pepper instead, which gave it the flavour without the sting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yeah I meant the hottness. I use spices for flavoring, but I dont think Ill ever be able to find a way to eat spicy foods. Which is saaad cause I looove spicy curry lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Lynsie! That is soo sucky! I couldn't imagine.. But cheesecake is one of my faves so i would have done the same thing as you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carlee: haha thanks Carlee now I feel a bit less self indulgent! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know how you feel lynsie, I cant have dairy either and I cant have shell fish either....it is LAME!!!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay Im not alone haha! I love you too Lizzy!!

    ReplyDelete

Turning Negative into Good

Often, out of our greatest rejection comes our greatest direction. Genesis 50:20 before I say what I want to say let me just get one th...