Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Am Forever Unbreakable: by Lynsie Petig

May 27, 2010



I will not surrender, I will not break

This burden on me will never take


Fragile or weak are the words some might use to describe me

But my strength is found in The One Everlasting


In my heart and in my mind

You will never find a fragile disposition of any kind


This world may break my physical self, leaving me feel depleted

But my spirit cannot be broken nor, can it ever be defeated


I may endure pain and my heart may momentarily ache

But I am invincible despite what some might think


I will never fail to rise again

No matter the challenge, I will always win


When you look at me don’t perceive fragility

For my spirit is threaded with a woven pattern of invincibility


So Look at me and see strength, and let your vision be stable

For I am now, and forever will be, unbreakable.
 
 
by Lynsie Petig

2 comments:

  1. love it lynsie girl....you are a treasure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynsie,
    This is incredible and made me cry. My son is 11 and has osteopetrosis as well. I can't wait to show this to him. He struggles physically and emotionally with this disease. This poem will be an inspiration to him.

    ReplyDelete

Turning Negative into Good

Often, out of our greatest rejection comes our greatest direction. Genesis 50:20 before I say what I want to say let me just get one th...