Sunday, May 16, 2010

I am Having Surgery

May 17, 2010



So lately I have been struggling with terrible headaches, (which is a common symptom of Osteopetrosis due to nerve compression). I used to get bad headaches so I would take something like Excedrin Migraine. It really did work....for a while. Then my headaches got REALLY bad. like the worst migraine you could ever imagine times 50! So my doctor gave me a prescription for Sumatriptan Succinate, which is extremely powerful (and expensive). It was like an answer to my prayers! it worked so well! until I started having sinus problems, and started getting sinus headaches, which my new, very powerful medication didn't treat. So I had an CAT scan and they found that I have "Hypoplastic sinus cavities" I was like great! just what I need, something else to go wrong! So your sinus cavities are hollow cave-like spaces formed out of bone inside your skull. And hypoplastic means they are "underdeveloped", meaning because of my Osteopetrosis, the bone is getting thicker and filling in my sinuses. This causes them to be unable to drain themselves, so I get sinus infections super easily and also have baaad sinus headaches! So dear readers, I have to have surgery to enlarge my sinus cavities! They have to "burn" them open. I don't really know what this entails, all I know is that its a 2 hour surgery and after I will be able to smell the burned away bone in my head. That's so crazy, I can just imagine that its going to smell something like hair smells when you burn it, really bad. So Ill keep you posted on when my surgery will be, and anything else. Later guys.

2 comments:

  1. Ok trying agian here...I tried to post, but forgot to select google... :p
    How did this surgery work for you? I am hoping things went well..helping to get rid of headaches, pain in the face..smelling better..so much can go wrong when you have problems with sinuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw well thank you, but unfortunately I havn't had the surgery yet. lol. We are still trying to clear things with insurance, which can take forever it seems. But I will write a post as soon as I set a date for the surgery!

    Thank you for your concern =)

    ReplyDelete

Turning Negative into Good

Often, out of our greatest rejection comes our greatest direction. Genesis 50:20 before I say what I want to say let me just get one th...